Intellitonic Technical Internship
Intellitonic is primarily a digital marketing agency, but the strengths of our individual team members provide an excellent opportunity for technical learning.
For those interested in careers in software engineering, Intellitonic offers limited number of spaces for in-depth technical training on practical, real-world projects.
This internship is designed to provide a practical education on a variety of topics relevant to working on a software engineering team.
Each internship is unique based on the goals of the individual; subject areas may include, but are not limited to:
- Management: Agile project management, team roles and responsibilities, reporting
- Front-end: CSS, SASS/LESS, frameworks
- Back-end: PHP, Python, Java, frameworks
- Database: MySQL, relational databases, NoSQL database
- Architecture: Database models, class/flow diagrams, cloud-based architecture (AWS), auto-scaling
- Security: Security policies, procedures and best practices for an organization, employees, infrastructure, code, application and users
- Some combination of the aforementioned
The training will involve actual operation and work with Intellitonic resources and tools, but is ultimately for training, education, and benefit of the intern. Specific intern daily work and projects will depend on the experience, objectives, availability, and desired length of internship.
Who Can Apply:
People over the age of 18 who can physically be in the Intellitonic Bellingham, WA office at least two (2) days per week. Interns are not required to be affiliated with a institution; however, if they are and would like college credit, that can be arranged.
Intellitonic is looking for people who are willing to learn, are a good culture fit, respect deadlines, maintain a positive attitude, and have a healthy sense of humor.
When do Internships Start:
Internships start at the discretion of Intellitonic at an agreed upon time with the intern. Internships are a minimum of eight (8) weeks and can be extended if agreeable to Intellitonic and the intern.
- Intern physically reports to Intellitonic headquarters (103 E Holly St Suite 214, Bellingham, WA 98225) at least two (2) days per week for a minimum of four (4) hours per day
- Minimum of eight (8) weeks
- Intellitonic gives brief overview of subjects mentioned above and intern identifies areas of interest
- Position Title: Technical Intern
Intellitonic aims to provide a productive and educational program for internships, and adheres strictly to the internship criteria provided by the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries:
- The training, even though it includes actual operation of the facilities of the employer, is similar to that which would be given in an educational environment or vocational school.
- The training is for the benefit of the trainee.
- The trainees do not displace regular employees, but work under their close supervision.
- The business that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the trainees, and may in fact be impeded.
- The trainees are not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the training period.
- The trainees understand they are not entitled to wages for the time spent in the training.
Send the following to: email@example.com
- A few sentences on why you’re interested in the position
- What you’re passionate about (can be academic, professional, personal, etc.)