SEO: Getting Seen By Google
Put simply, the goal of SEO is to generate more website visitors that translate into more customer awareness, sales, or other transactions. But what does it mean to optimize your site for search engines?
For starters, the typical searcher isn’t going to scroll through more than the first few pages of search results; in other words, the higher the rank of your site, the more likely you are to get web traffic. It’s our goal to get your site to appear on the first page.
To do this, you must use a combination of strategies and techniques that communicate clearly to search engines that your website is properly laid out and has information relevant to what the searcher is requesting.
Among other things, this means creating content that has the keywords people are searching for, proper coding that gets the attention of search engines, and backlinking from other sites.
Local Business Search Optimization
Local SEO is a technique for standing out in the local market. It’s great for brick-and-mortar businesses and services that function at a local level. The point? To show your products and services the exact moment people are looking for them.
A local SEO strategy relies on
- Consistent NAP (Name, Address and Phone Number): Accurate listings bring cross-platform visibility
- Reviews: Customers trust companies with a large number of positive reviews
- Citations: Participation in directories brings customers to your door
- Keywords: Your local community has unique trends in search text
Whatcom County Tourism SEO & Digital Wayfinding Package
Through an innovative partnership with Bellingham Whatcom County Tourism, Intellitonic is offering eligible businesses the opportunity to use search engine optimization to increase their online visibility.
Qualifying recipients will receive a one-time local SEO treatment valued at $1,500 and subsidized by BWCT at 50% (the cost to participating businesses will be $750 each).
We do the work, local businesses reap the benefits.
YouTube/Video Search Optimization
YouTube and other video content is invisible to search engine crawlers. By adding relevant metadata, such as titles, tags and descriptions, video content becomes visible to search engines and easier for potential viewers to find, too.
When your video is easier to find, your number of views, duration of views, video engagement and video likes increase. In other words, you increase the performance of your YouTube videos. As an added bonus, videos that perform well can improve website search ranking and domain authority, resulting in additional traffic.
To be most effective, metadata should be informed by thorough research and evaluated through reporting and analytics.
Your Video and YouTube SEO service includes
- A baseline report
- Metadata implementation or revision
- A final report so you can see your results.
- Research: Keywords and their rankings, domains and backlinks, organizations and market trends
- Analytics: User demographics, baseline video performance over time, changes in rank, position and domain authority
- Metadata: Implementation of research to improve video performance via video titles, tags and descriptions
- Networking: Establish potential partners and partner channels, sites, blogs and increase backlinks
Amazon Search Optimization
More than half of online shopping sessions start on Amazon. A robust and reliable Amazon presence attracts more customers who produce more positive reviews—and the cycle continues.
Sales on Amazon convert based on
- Product names: Title text driven by keyword research ranks your products above your competition
- Reviews: Prompting customers to leave reviews improves company trust and visibility
- Descriptions: Thorough, informative text guides customers to your product
- Listings: Accurate product matching brings in more satisfied customers
Don’t create content just to create content—create good, engaging content that adds to what’s out there. When people read it, share it and link to it, search engines give it more weight and it shows up higher in search results. Bam! The win-win is in effect.
It is important to not only provide good content, but also new content on a regular basis. For example, did you know that a regularly updated blog can quadruple your traffic? Or that 80 percent of daily blog visits are new? New content can attract new and broader audiences.
We can help you create, edit and publish custom content for your
- Blog posts
- Press releases
- Case studies
- Static web pages