Photos courtesy of WSDOT.
We love Whatcom County
Our hearts and thoughts go out to all of the farms, homes and businesses that were affected by recent flooding and continued rains in Whatcom County. Our team has compiled a list of some of the local organizations that are currently engaged in relief efforts. We invite you to join us in supporting the many businesses and neighbors that make our community home.
Intellitonic founders made a deliberate choice in establishing our brand in Whatcom County. We consider ourselves lucky to call this place home and are fortunate to be part of such an amazing community.
Local Flood Relief Efforts
Here is a list of local organizations that are working to support those in need due to flooding:
- Whatcom Community Foundation’s Resilience Fund is a main hub of nonprofit aid for flood relief: www.whatcomcf.org
- Whatcom Strong is dedicated solely to flood relief efforts: www.whatcomstrong.com
- Sustainable Connections has a page collating resources as well as a list of donation and volunteer opportunities: www.sustainableconnections.org/flood-relief-resources
- The Whatcom County Library System also has a resources page for flood relief: www.wcls.org/community-resources
- Northwest Youth Services is working to provide assistance to young folks experiencing houselessness: www.nwys.org
- Sumas Elementary School was almost completely destroyed by flooding and will be uninhabitable for the remainder of the school year. Many of the Sumas Elementary families were displaced by flooding as well. Teachers, administrators and other school employees fill gaps in funding by buying their own school supplies (for themselves and students) as well as other teaching materials. All of this was also destroyed by flooding. They have created an Amazon Wish List to help build up their supplies to get students and teachers back to school quickly. Sumas Staff Amazon Wish Lists.pdf. They also have a non-Amazon wish list that can be found here: https://www.myregistry.com/giftlist/sumaselementary
This is by no means an exhaustive list of ways to help. There are a number of mutual aid organizations, personal fundraisers and grassroots organizations offering direct, immediate support.
Please join us in supporting our community and donating to local relief efforts. Many of those impacted cannot wait for federal funding or insurance payouts. We can make a difference here and now.
Our Gift to You for Supporting our Community
Additionally, we are offering a free digital marketing consultation to any businesses that join us in donating to the above organizations. Reach out to us at [email protected] for more information.